The word Padmasana is a Sanskrit word which means ‘lotus flower’ so it’s also known as the ‘Lotus pose’. It is a cross-legged sitting asana originating in meditative practices of ancient India, in which the feet are placed on the opposing thighs. It is an established asana, commonly used for meditation, in the Yoga. The lotus, or the Padma, is one of the most powerful symbols that is known to have transcended both religion and time.
1. Sit on a flat surface on the ground with your spine erect and your legs stretched out.
2. Bend the right knee, and use your hands to place it on the left thigh. Make sure that the sole of the feet point upward and the heel is close to the abdomen.
3. Now, repeat the same step with the other leg.
4. With both the legs crossed and feet placed on opposite thighs, place your hands on the knees in mudra position.
5. Keep the head straight and spine erect.
6. Breathe long and deep. Hold the position for a few minutes. Release.
7. Repeat the pose with the other leg on top.
Relaxes the mind and calms the brain.
Activates the spine, the pelvis, the abdomen, and the bladder.
Opens up the hips, making them more flexible.
Follow us on Facebook:
Subscribe us on YouTube:
Follow us on Instagram:
Follow us on Twitter:
A Ventuno Production m
BalanceFrom – Exercise & FitnessClick Buy Now for Updated Price. Estimated Price: $22.92
thank you, it worked
Thank you sooo much!!! It worked so well for me
This is such a great tip. I was able to get the asana in a couple of days itself
Mam my legs pain in padmansa.
This is a really good video, We tracked down an article about Lotus Pose: Safely Prepare for Padmasana let's see https://www.strengthyogi.com/lotus-pose-sequence-safely-prepare-for-padmasana/
How long do I have to do it?
Kya ye kon online class me bejta hai🤬😡😵
Thanks. Earlier it was difficult..
Okay I tried this and damn it HURTS! I know I'm not stretchy, but I can't even get my heels andywhere near to my hip bones. Still, I can pull off a half-hearted version of this and THAT still hurts like hell for me! I can barely maintain the position for 60 seconds, and when I exit it my legs just explode like springs. I'm gonna keep practicing maybe, and eventually I might become stretchier.
When I do this I feel pain in right leg why this happening ….I am unable to do this continue ..