@ BENEFITS OF PADMASANA / KAMAL MUDRASANA ::
* Opens up the hips.
* Stretches the ankles and knees.
* Calms the brain.
* Increases awareness and attentiveness.
* Keeps the spine straight.
* Helps develop good posture.
* Eases menstrual discomfort and sciatica.
* Helps keeps joints and ligaments flexible.
@ PADMASANA CONTRAINDICATONS::
* Not to be done if there is any form of knee injury.
* Not to be done if there is any form of injury in the ankle or calf.
* Not to be done if suffering from any back or spine discomfort.
* If suffering from sciatica infections or weakness in the sciatic nerves.
@ Benefits of Yoga:
*The art of practicing yoga helps in controlling an individual’s mind, body and soul. It brings together physical and mental disciplines to achieve a peaceful body and mind; it helps manage stress and anxiety and keeps you relaxing. It also helps in increasing flexibility, muscle strength and body tone. It improves respiration, energy and vitality. Practicing yoga might seem like just stretching, but it can do much more for your body from the way you feel, look and move.
*Yoga’s incorporation of meditation and breathing can help improve a person’s mental well-being. “Regular yoga practice creates mental clarity and calmness; increases body awareness; relieves chronic stress patterns; relaxes the mind; centers attention; and sharpens concentration,”
*Yoga asanas build strength, flexibility and confidence. Regular practice of yoga can help lose weight, relieve stress, improve immunity and maintain a healthier lifestyle.