For more FREE Yoga videos and tutorials, subscribe Yoga Arena: http://goo.gl/1pDrJB
The Butterfly Pose is also known as the Purna Titli Asana. It is also similar to the Bound Angle Pose or the Baddha Kona Asana. Targeting primarily the legs, it is the perfect antidote to relax and stretch the muscles of the legs.
The steps for Titli Asana are as follows :
1) Start off by sitting in the Lotus Pose or Padma Asana.
2) Now position your legs so that the soles of your feet are touching each other. Your knees should be bent.
3) Try to position your feet as close to your pubic area as possible; in other words, try to pull your heels inwards.
4) Grasp your feet with your hands and sit up with your back as straight as possible.
5) Inhale and place a hand on each knee.
6) Exhale and press on your thighs until your knees touch the floor.
7) This flapping motion is what gives the Butterfly Pose its name.
The benefits for doing this asana are :
1) This is a great exercise to relax and stretch those aching thighs after a long and hard day at work. It is especially beneficial for those who run, walk or cycle for long distances, or have a job that requires them to constantly be on their feet.
2) It also helps to open up the hips and thighs and improves flexibility.
3) This posture also stimulates the reproductive and digestive organs.
4) The Butterfly Pose is a great stretch for relieving stress and tiredness.
4) This is an excellent posture for women during menstruation as it helps to relieve some of the discomfort and pain associated with menstruation.
Yoga practices can make us more and more sensitive to subtler and subtler sensations in the body. Paying attention to and staying with finer and finer sensations within the body is one of the surest ways to steady the wandering mind.
Yoga Arena provides you with the best videos of yogaasanas, pranayam, meditation and many more exercises to bring back the fitness and healthy living for everyone.
For more Yoga exercises : http://goo.gl/jYZX4f Stay Connected with #fame on: